Thursday 9 July 2009

Blackpool Sixth Form College Workshop

Bit behind on my blogs, so lots of news to catch up on! Here we go.....


Well last month, I travelled up to the lovely Blackpool to do a workshop day with a group of students from Blackpool Sixth Form College. The mission was to create a pin and thread drawing of the college with the students. It being my first workshop, I was slightly nervous but they took to the technique like ducks to water. Heres a couple of shots of the oh so talented students in action...



And heres me (looking a bit smily) with the students and the piece at the end of the day. The piece was not far off being finished when I left, however I felt very confident leaving it in the students' capable hands.

The finished piece will be going on display in the cafe of new build of the College once completed and I will have lots more photos of it then

Thanks a million to all the students who attended the workshop and for doing such a brillant job. Also a big thank you to their lovely teacher Lindsay Chapman.

No comments:

Post a Comment