Friday 2 July 2010

Last day installaing Threadbare

Its been a very busy, hot, sticky week down here at the Manchester Craft and Design Centre installing THREADBARE, lots of people dropping in for a chat or just to observe and I've also had plenty of interviews. Click here to see video interview with Jenny from Indie Quarter (keep an eye out for the annoying fly...typical....luckily they editted out the swatting...ha ha)
Also heres a link to a lovely article by Manchester Confidental, and another by Susie Stubbs, editor of Craetive Tourist
Not much time as I have to get back to putting the finishing touchs to the installation.
Threadbare opening is tomorrow Saturady 3rd from 2-4pm. Live music with Jo Rose, complimentary refreshments....pimms...ummm and also there will be a chance to get involved with some threading.
So come on down for a fun action packed afternoon!!

Heres a couple of installation pics......









3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    I passed by Manchester Craft and design centre on saturday and lucky for me it was the first day of Threadbare.
    I absolutly adore your work!!
    So much that I wish to have a smaller version in my house. I saw you exposed more work in the vitrine next to the coffee shop but it was quite difficult to see them as people were sitting in front.
    Could you send me some pictures or your work?

    I think you are very talented.

    Hope to hear from you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,
    Thanks for getting in touch and really glad you got to see Threadbare. Most of the smaller work that was on show in the vitrine in on my blog in older posts if you want to flick through those, or if its something a bit more specific that your after I am very happy to create a bespoke piece for you. My email is debbie_htyms@hotmail.com, for future contact, its easier to send images that way.
    Let me know what you think and I'd be happy to send you some images to you,
    looking forward to hearing from you,
    Debbie Smyth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work. Such incredible works of art girl.
    wish i could see it in person.
    do you have a flickr account to view more of your work?
    also, do you sell your pieces? etsy shop?
    I absolutlely adore the piece with the two children...gorgeous stuff.
    best regards
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete