Friday 28 October 2011

HERMES

Overdue with my blog update yet again, so I will quickly wizz through my most recent news. Firstly Origin, went amazingly. It was second year exhibiting at the show and so far my sales are up on last year. I am currently swamped with orders but loving it.
Also during the hectic week of selling at Origin I was installing Hermes window displays. At Origin by day and at Hermes Stores by night. quite an exhausting week but the most exciting too.
So how did this Hermes commission come about? all thanks to Origin last year, I met a lovely lady, Becky Cocks at the show who is a stylist for Hermes. I worked in conjunction with Becky to produce the nationwide Hermes windows for October/November. "Hermes, contemporary artisan since  1837" was the theme, so all window drawing were produced with this slogan in mind. My drawings are currently installed in Hermes stores at New Bond St, Sloane St, Royal Exchange, Manchester and Brown Thomas in Dublin. Please if your passing, do have a look in and I'd love feedback too. Here are some installing shots......



Such a great commission to get and it was great fun working with Becky Cocks, production team Creea and Hermes of course. If you don't get chance to see them, here are some photos, hope you like.........







8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Typed in "drawing with thread" and yours was the first site that I found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! I must to write about your work to my scarf blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, you've worked so hard..amazing.(did your boy-friend help?) And it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie this is such fantastic work, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing!!! I love them, they work really well. The suitcases are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your Hermes display when visiting London for the Frieze last year....I was totally blown away by your work....in fact I took loads of photos and felt that it should have had it's own stand at the Frieze!!! I love the simplicity of your choice of materials that come alive under your hands.

    just going to add you to my Fine art degree sketch book - I too am drawn to textiles, especially thread and drive my lecturers crazy by always incorporating it within my work.....they choose the words ...craft...my mojo's a 'tad lacking at the moment and I was looking at your work for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi no doubt amazing amazing work. Just wana what is tje base of your work?? Do you use soft wood boards???and what type of threads do you use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. However, cheap prada handbags like any other designer bag, these bags are also equally expensive. chanel bag online If you are willing to put in some effort, hermes handbags online you are quite likely to get an attractive deal, louis vuitton outlet online but you should still be prepared to pay quite a high price for owning a designer handbag. omega watches for sale
    Nonetheless, gifts for girls you need to be very careful, lest you should land up with a fake version of a designer handbag. rolex datejust watches There are many fake versions flooding the market and smooth talking clever salesmen do take people for a ride. catier jewellery It may not be wrong to conclude if you find too good a handbag at too low a price, womens jackets you are being pushed a fake one!

    ReplyDelete